Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Looking to the Future

Well, another election has come and gone. While I do not agree with the outcome and did not vote for the president-elect, I have to say that I am glad that the election is over. All of the ads, campaigning, he said-he said, get a little tiresome after awhile. I have to admit that the human side of me is a little afraid of what the next few years hold. But, I also know that there is a God who is not surprised by any of the recent events. He has known all along how this election would turn out. I believe that God is still in control and is still on His throne. I don't know what He is doing in all of this but I do know that He always has a purpose in allowing things to happen. I believe that He will use this to bring glory to Himself. I also know that we are commanded in scripture to pray for those in authority over us. Therefore, I will choose the higher road and will try to see how God is working in all of this. I will commit to pray for our new president and those he surrounds himself with as well as all of those who serve in Congress. I am shaken but my faith holds firm. My God is bigger than any election ever could be and I hold strongly to that and to His promises.

No comments: